• What is the maximum age limit on a Multitrip policy?

    The maximum age limit is 49 years.

  • What is the maximum length of any one trip on a Multitrip policy?

    19 – 49 years – Max duration is 60 days on all levels.
    Unlimited number of trips for all levels.

  • How many times can I go away if I have a Multitrip policy?

    There is no restriction on the number of times you can go away during the period of this insurance on a Multitrip Insurance policy.

  • Is Wintersports cover included in the price?

    No, however Wintersports can be included for an additional premium.

  • Can an adult/child travel separately on a Multitrip policy?

    On a Multitrip policy the named adults/spouses can travel separately/independently. Children under 16 years of age cannot travel independently. Children 16 years of age or over are covered to travel independently from their parents provided they are travelling on an organised school or college trip only and with a responsible adult aged 18 years or over.

  • What is the definition of a couple on a Multitrip policy?

    A couple can be defined as two adults who are common law partners that have been co-habiting for at least 6 months. This includes same sex couples.

  • What is the definition of a family on a Multitrip policy?

    2 co-habiting adults/spouses and their dependent children under 19 years of age (or under 23 years if living at home and in full time education).

  • When should I start my Multitrip policy?

    Your cover should start the day you purchase the insurance unless:
    •you have an existing policy that covers you until the cover Start Date you choose.
    •you have yet to book a holiday and will only do so on or after the cover Start Date you choose.
    You have no cover until the Start Date of the policy. Your cover including cancellation protection ONLY begins from the chosen Start Date.

  • Can I extend the maximum trip duration on my Multitrip policy?

    The maximum trip duration we can offer on a Multitrip policy is 60 days. Unfortunately these trip durations cannot be extended. If you require cover for a longer period than allowed on your Multitrip policy then you may need to purchase a Single Trip policy to cover the entire duration.

  • Will my Multitrip policy renew automatically?

    To make sure you have continuous cover under your policy, we will aim to automatically renew (auto-renew) your policy when it runs out, unless you tell us not to. Each year we will notify you by email 6 weeks before the renewal date of your policy, and tell you about any changes to the premium or the policy terms and conditions.

    If you do not want to us to auto-renew your policy, just call us on 0333 355 0260, otherwise we will collect the renewal premiums from your credit card or debit card.

    You should also note that your renewed policy will only be valid when:

    -you have told us about any changes to your policy details (including any changes in health conditions) as you will still be required to contact the Medical Screening to declare any medical conditions;
    -and your credit card or debit card details have not changed.

    In some cases we may not be able to automatically renew your policy; we will let you know at the time if this is the case. For the facilitation of the auto renewal service we will assume that your details have not changed and you have the permission of the card holder unless you inform us otherwise.

Single Trip

  • What is the maximum age limit on a Single Trip policy?

    The maximum age limit is 49 years of age.

  • What is the maximum age limit and trip duration I can take on a Single Trip policy?

    The maximum duration you can take on a Single Trip policy is 365 days.

  • What is the definition of a family on a Single Trip policy?

    2 co-habiting adults/spouses and their dependent children under 19 years of age (or under 23 years if living at home and in full time education).

  • Can children under the age of 19 years travel alone?

    Yes but they must have a policy in their own name and they will be charged the full adult rate.

  • When should I start/end my Single Trip policy?

    You will need to start your policy on the day that you leave to go on your trip and end it on the day you return back to the United Kingdom. Cover for cancellation on a Single Trip policy starts as soon as the policy is purchased.


  • What is the age limit on the Backpacker policy?

    49 years of age is the maximum age limit on a Backpacker policy.

  • What is covered in the Backpacker policy?

    The basic rate covers Cancellation/Curtailment of your trip as a result of an insured event, Emergency Medical and other Expenses, Baggage including Money, Missed Departure, Personal Accident, Personal Liability, Legal expenses and Holiday Abandonment. For full details of what is covered please see the Policy Wording.

  • What is the total duration of Wintersports activities allowed on a Backpacker policy?

    Provided you have paid the appropriate additional premium you will be covered for up to 31 days of Wintersports activities. You may use these days in any order that you choose. Wintersports definitions and policy limits can be found on the Policy Wording.

  • What is the maximum trip duration allowed on a Backpacker policy?

    We are currently able to provide a maximum of 365 days cover.

General Questions

  • What do you mean by UK resident?

    A resident of the United Kingdom is someone who is permanently resident in the United Kingdom and has been for the past six months prior to the issue date of your policy. We are unable to provide cover for anyone who is not a resident of the United Kingdom.

  • I've left the United Kingdom and forgotten to get insurance. Can I still get cover with you?

    No. Travel Insurance must be purchased prior to your departure from the United Kingdom unless you have purchased this insurance using a Wi-Fi connection whilst travelling on an aircraft or train but before you reach your first international destination.

  • What ages do I put down when getting a quote?

    Please enter your current ages. It does not matter if you have a birthday after you buy the policy; we just need your ages at the time you purchase the policy.

  • What charges do I incur when buying a policy over the phone?

    If you choose to book your policy through our Call Centre there is an additional £6.00 charged.

  • How will I receive my policy details?

    When you purchase insurance via our website you have the option to print off your Validation Certificate (proof of insurance) and Policy Wording once the payment has been successfully processed. You will also receive a booking confirmation by email to the email address supplied during the booking process. The booking confirmation contains your account information and details on how you can retrieve your documentation by using the “My policy” login section of our website.

    You can also opt to receive policy documents by post as well as the email. Please be mindful of your Environmental Impact when selecting your documents to be sent by post.

    If you opt to receive the text message there is a £0.99 charge. The text message contains your policy number and the Emergency Assistance telephone number.

    We strongly recommend you bring your Validation Certificate and Policy Wording with you when you travel.

  • What should I do if I need to make a change to my policy/details?

    If you need to make a change to your policy/details you can use your on-line login. There are lots of different functionalities here. If you are unable to make the required change/upgrade please contact us on 0333 355 0260 and we will be happy to assist you.

  • What area does Egypt, Canary Islands, Morocco, Tunisia and Turkey come under on your policies?

    All of the above destinations would be covered on a European policy.

  • What do you mean by “medical condition”?

    A "medical condition" is any condition for which you/your travelling companion have received medical advice, treatment or medication for in the last 2 years. For further information please see the important conditions relating to health in the Policy Wording.

  • What should I do if I have a medical condition?

    This policy contains important conditions in relation to health. For further information please click here.

  • If cover is refused for my medical condition, am I still covered?

    If cover is refused for your medical condition, we will only exclude any claims relating to that medical condition. The rest of your travel insurance cover will not be affected by this exclusion.

  • I already have a policy but I've recently been diagnosed with a new medical condition. What do I do?

    If, at the time of taking out your insurance, you were not aware of the condition or receiving any treatment (including surgery, tests or investigations) for your condition then you will not need to declare this to Medical Screening until your policy is due for renewal.

  • Do I need to contact Medical Screening every year when my Multitrip policy renews?

    Yes, you will need to contact Medical Screening each year when your Multitrip policy renews to discuss cover for medical conditions or each time you purchase Single Trip/Backpacker cover.

  • What am I covered for if I am pregnant?

    Under the Cancellation or Curtailment section of the policy you are covered if you need to cancel/curtail your trip due to unexpected complications of pregnancy and childbirth. You are also covered under the Emergency Medical and Other Expenses whilst overseas if there are unexpected complications as a direct result of pregnancy and medical attention is required. Travelling whilst pregnant is covered as long as you are not travelling against your doctor's advice or carrier stipulation. For further details please see your Policy Wording.

  • Can I cancel my holiday/trip for any reason and get all of my money back?

    No. You may receive reimbursement if you cancel for any reason outlined in your Policy Wording. Covered reasons include, but are not limited to, such unforeseen emergencies as illness, injury or death of you, your travelling companion and/or a close relative. The cover does not include cancellation due to business obligations, change of mind or your dislike of the travel time.

  • Do I need a police report for lost/stolen items?

    If you are unfortunate enough to have any lost/stolen items or belongings whilst on holiday, then you must notify the local police within 24 hours and obtain a copy of the police report.

  • When should I contact the Emergency Assistance service?

    In the case of any medical emergency or the need to curtail your trip due to an insured reason please call our Emergency Assistance Team. Contact details for the Emergency Assistance Team can be found in your Policy Wording.

  • How do I make a claim?

    Please refer to the Make a Claim page on our website or refer to the Policy Wording section Claims Conditions.

  • What is an excess?

    The amount you have to pay towards the claim. In practice this is deducted from any settlement amount and is charged per person per claim.

  • What should I do if I have a complaint?

    Please refer to the complaints procedure in your Policy Wording.

  • What are my cancellation rights?

    Once you have purchased your travel insurance, you are entitled to a 14 day cooling-off period. If you contact us within this cooling-off period, you are entitled to a full refund of your travel insurance policy, provided you have not travelled, made any claims on the policy or used the policy to obtain a Visa. To cancel your travel insurance and claim your refund, you can contact us by telephone on 0333 355 0260 or by email to info@economycover.com.

Sports and Activities

  • What sports and activities are covered free of charge with Economycover.com?

    The policy automatically provides cover for Personal Accident and Emergency Medical Expenses for the activities listed under Grade 1 in your Policy Wording once they are conducted on an incidental basis whilst you are on holiday. See Policy Wording for full details.

  • What is the difference between "Incidental" and "Non-Incidental"?

    An activity done on an incidental basis means it happens randomly or casually. The activity would not be the main purpose of your trip. Non-Incidental is exactly the opposite and would be pre-planned.
    Examples: "I am going on holiday and may have a go at Scuba Diving whilst I'm out there, if I can find a place that does it." - That would be participation in an activity on an 'Incidental' basis. "I am going on a specific Scuba Diving holiday, where my main intention is to Scuba Dive" - That would be participation on a 'Non-Incidental' basis.

  • I cannot find the Sport or Activity I want to do on this list?

    We can also provide cover for additional activities under Grade 2 - 4, subject to an additional premium. See Policy Wording for full details or contact us on 0333 355 0260.